It is now 5pm and you want to buy some nice piece of cheese to go with dinner tonight.
Will you beat the infamous traffic on the ring? The shop closes at 5:31pm, good luck!
PS: ok imagine Brussels in a world like Tron. easier ;)
- welcome : whom am I, what is VR Lab
- goal of the workshop : make a webVR demo
- how : working modern browser with Occulus or GoogleCardboard then connecting to a JSBin
- for people who just want to put content up :
- for people with some basis of programming :
If you follow the ThreeJS route, which is recommended, you can also enjoy a more in depth tutorial.
Discovering the online editor
Key functions (JSBin)
- editing code with auto refresh (Auto-run JS, enable by default)
- detach window to view in actual VR (Occulus or other device e.g. mobile)
- clone to edit then save own code
- hide the top toolbar (sic)
There will be errors, there will be bugs. That's OK though. What is not OK is to be blind. You need to know what the errors are :
- using the console in Chrome : Ctrl+Shift+J
- using the console in Firefox : Ctrl+Shift+K
If you do not learn how to use the console, you will be in a world of pain (I'm serious.)!
Jump to Mission 1 to dive in your own code!